FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATION
• Budgeting and budgetary control
• Financial management
• Statutory reporting
• Asset management;
• Procurement of goods and services;
• Stores management;
• Records and information; and
• Transport management.
• Introduce, manage and anticipate change in structure, system and goals of the Ministry in line with approved changes in the Civil Service.
• Coordinate human capital development programmes;
• Manage and promote discipline and industrial relations;
• Promote Health and Safety issues;
• Coordinate HIV/AIDS awareness;
• Promote gender issues;
• Coordinate implementation of Results Based Management;
• Facilitate the recruitment and selection of staff in the Ministry; and
• Coordinate human resources planning.
• Provide audit services to the Ministry, Parastatals and State Enterprises under the Ministry’s purview to enhance value for money; and
• Promote transparency and accountability.
• Provide sound legal advice to the Ministry.
ACTS/REGULATIONS ADMINISTERED BY THE MINISTRY
• Art Unions Act [Chapter 25:01]
• Boxing and Wrestling Control Act [Chapter 25:02] of 1956
• Sports and Recreation Act [Chapter 25:15] of 1991 and SI 342 of 1995
• National Arts Council of Zimbabwe Act [Chapter25:07] and SI 87 of 1985
• National Gallery of Zimbabwe Act [Chapter 25:09 of 1972]
PARASTATALS ADMINISTERED BY THE MINISTRY
• National Arts Council of Zimbabwe (NACZ)
• National Gallery of Zimbabwe (NGZ)
• Sport and Recreation Commission (SRC)
COMPANIES/PUBLIC ENTERPRISES ADMINISTERED BY THE MINISTRY
OTHER BODIES ADMINISTERED BY THE MINISTRY
• Zimbabwe National Boxing Control Board
• Zimbabwe National Wrestling Control Board
LICENCES AND PERMITS ISSUED BY THE MINISTRY